Gartner has spoken. When it comes to Master Data Management (MDM), the old Magic Quadrants are out. Instead, the analyst firm is shaking things up with a new Gartner Magic Quadrant for MDM Solutions. In the 2017 report, Gartner “addresses the current focus of the MDM market on all-encompassing solutions as more clients recognize their digital business platform should be built on trusted master data.”
Evolving MDM Market Leads to Revamped Report
As Gartner notes, the MDM market is evolving in complex ways. The need to maintain a “consistent, shareable and accurate” view of master data continues to quickly grow. And yet businesses are challenged with achieving long-term success with MDM programs. Meanwhile, buyer confusion abounds regarding how to select the right MDM solution, particularly as technological capabilities evolve. In other words, if MDM is a top priority – yet one of the biggest challenges – for your organization, you’re not alone.
Therefore, Gartner’s revamped report includes a new focus and criteria to help data and analytics leaders find the best vendor and solution for their needs. Let’s look at a few key takeaways from the new Magic Quadrant for MDM Solutions:
- Only 10 MDM solution providers qualify in the new report, which bases results heavily on end-user feedback and surveys. EnterWorks is honored to be included as one of just 10 ranked MDM vendors. This continues nearly a decade of Gartner recognition in MDM. Since 2008, Gartner has positioned EnterWorks on its Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management for Product Data.
- The new format emphasizes qualifying software firms with broader multi-domain capabilities.
- The retiring of Magic Quadrants for Customer Data Solutions and Product Data Solutions marks the shift in the MDM market toward a more holistic set of solution capabilities. Customer data and product data remain dominant domains supported by MDM solutions. However, this Magic Quadrant considers all other domains including supplier, asset, location data, etc.
- Gartner continues to evaluate solution providers based on “Ability to Execute” and “Completeness of Vision”.
- Multidomain MDM is one of six new use cases that Gartner evaluates in the new Magic Quadrant. Additional use cases include B2C customer data, B2B customer data, buy-side product data, sell-side product data, and multivector MDM.
Magic Quadrant Points to EnterWorks’ MDM Strengths & Customer Satisfaction
The latest Gartner Magic Quadrant recognizes EnterWorks for achieving the highest customer rating for its user interface, workflow, and MDM Business Application. Gartner also notes the advancements made in the platform through solid funding from investors. In particular, Gartner recognizes the development of EnterWorks’ compelling Content Lifecycle Management strategy. The firm cited the strength of EnterWorks’ notable customer reference base in addressing Business-to-Business-to-Consumer (B2B2C) scenarios.
The EnterWorks Enable platform supports dynamic content collaboration among trading partners in a B2B2C model that is highly differentiated from other competitors. This enables consumer and industrial brands to respond to customer demand for rich, trustworthy content. Cleary this is a critical competitive strength in what Gartner describes as “the increasing focus on the digitalization of enterprises.”
At EnterWorks, we are proud of our MDM Magic Quadrant positioning. It’s confirmation of our mission to enable customers to unlock the power of information to improve business performance. Highlights for our solution include:
- Enterworks achieved the top customer reference scores for understanding the business application of its MDM solution.
- EnterWorks Enable tied for highest customer reference score for user interface and workflow support across multiple data domains, use cases, implementation styles and integration scenarios.
- Gartner identifies a direct correlation between user satisfaction and rate of adoption/uptake by the business.
- Gartner recognizes EnterWorks for its financial position. Black Dragon Capital has provided a solid investment footing such as the development for its Content Lifecycle Management strategy.
As we build on this exciting momentum, we will continue to innovate while we execute on our product roadmap to deliver a truly revolutionary solution.
Click here to learn more about EnterWorks Enable™ – one of Gartner’s top 10 MDM solutions. Also, if you’re planning to move ahead with an MDM implementation, check out our post on getting ahead of the game with the right MDM RFI.
We’re MDM experts and would love to hear about your data and information challenges. Contact us to continue the conversation.
Finally, if you want to read the full report, Gartner subscribers can download the 2017 Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management Solutions here. Also, here’s a tip: check out Consumer Goods Technology for an article and free access to the report.