The much-anticipated Q4 2016 Forrester Wave™ for Product Information Management (PIM) has arrived. The wave’s research, analysis and scoring of PIM providers and solutions creates the industry’s go-to resource for professionals in making the right choice for their business. In the report, Forrester analyzes the 10 PIM providers that matter most and how they stack up. EnterWorks landed on the threshold of Leader status.
How EnterWorks Ranked in the Q4 2016 Forrester Wave for PIM
For its Q4 2016 PIM Wave, Forrester analyzed EnterWorks Enable™ 8.2. This next-generation PIM/MDM platform was announced in May of this year and has now reached general availability.
So how did we rank? We are pleased to announce we advanced as a Strong Performer to the threshold of Leader status.
Forrester evaluates a select group of providers, including EnterWorks, based on criteria for current offering, strategy and market presence. In the report, Forrester recognizes EnterWorks for its ability to deliver product insights in the Cloud through a flexible cloud architecture. EnterWorks received the highest possible scores for product taxonomy, time to value, Product Road Map and strategic direction.
The analyst firm also noted EnterWorks’ healthy funding and the EnterWorks platform’s hybrid capabilities of PIM and Master Data Management (MDM). Overall, Forrester recommends that organizations use their MDM tools as the engine and orchestration point across multiple domains. And, include PIM as the business application for business users to manage product catalogs. This is how EnterWorks has organized its platform for enabling omnichannel ecosystems for its customers.
What Pushed EnterWorks Ahead?
This latest Forrester Wave acknowledges that EnterWorks has “grown steadily” since the 2014 PIM Wave. So what pushed EnterWorks ahead in the pack?
The EnterWorks multi-domain (product domain and others such as customer, brand, location, and digital asset) approach is a core competitive strategy that enables a single view of content for delivering differentiated, digitized experiences in context of the customer. EnterWorks’ leading Business-to-Business-to-Customer (B2B2C) collaboration platform extends the PIM from its vendor portal to syndication engine, leveraging the advanced workflow/BPM engine for advanced omnichannel commerce.
The Forrester Wave results are crucial for us as it confirms we’ve successfully applied our investor funding in building out a differentiated cloud strategy. This strategy puts product management, marketing and ecommerce roles firmly in charge of their customer’s content experience. At the same time, we enable company IT leaders to easily employ our advanced cloud architecture in their technology footprint.
Our Business-to-Business-to-Customer (B2B2C) collaboration capabilities are a big piece of the EnterWorks picture. The B2B2C element helps deliver our strategy for enabling continuous content enrichment that consumer and industrial brands require for differentiated product experiences.
Key Findings from the PIM Wave
We’ve pulled some key findings from the 2016 Forrester Wave for PIM report, including:
- EnterWorks is well positioned to deliver product insights in the cloud.
- The product also has robust reporting capabilities. This allows users to easily view, track, and manage the products for which they are responsible.
- Additionally, the product includes dashboard widgets that enable users to scorecard vendor quality and performance, which are also exposed in the tool’s vendor portal.
- The portal offers a complete business workbench that provides visibility into the state and quality of product data and product management workflows.
- EnterWorks competes on its ability to extend and incorporate data from other domains in addition to product.
Finally, the report also features feedback from users. Here’s what our customers had to say:
- Customer feedback highlights EnterWorks’ professional services organization as outstanding business partners to implement PIM.
- Customers also say well-developed search capabilities make finding and managing products easy. In fact, users can search using full text, faceted search, or filters and can run side-by-side comparisons.