From celebrating the barcode’s 45th birthday to sharing ideas on AI and Machine Learning, the 2019 GS1 Connect Conference in Denver welcomed over 1,200 attendees for 120+ topic sessions, How to Do Business With sessions, trading partner roundtables, GS1 US University sessions, networking events, keynotes, and exhibitor floor discussions.
GS1 Connect was the perfect opportunity for us to connect with our customers and prospects in the retail, CPG, grocery, hardlines, and foodservice industries. EnterWorks’ highlights included:
- Participating in the 1WorldSync 2019 Annual User Group, co-located with GS1 Connect,
- Welcoming guests for a Networking Dinner at Old Hickory Steakhouse, hosted by EnterWorks and Amplifi,
- Presenting the GS1 Connect Panel Session, How Data Excellence Enables AI Value Creation, with Victor Chapela of Suggestic, EnterWorks CEO Rick Chavie, and Steven Keith Platt, Director of Research and Adjunct Professor at the Retail Analytics Council (RAC) of Northwestern University,
- Giving away a Fender Stratocaster guitar at the EnterWorks Booth!
One of the most exciting takeaways for EnterWorks was the frequency of which our customers are Evangelizing for PIM and the impact of EnterWorks Enable on their business.
Our customers incorporated the importance of their EnterWorks PIM platform during their own sessions while speaking on topics related to data quality, process automation, supply chain, GS1 standards in action, and exploring MDM/PIM for Product Lifecycle Management.
Beam Suntory, Ecolab, Carhartt, and HD Supply all mentioned EnterWorks during their presentations; and customers attending the event, like Rich Products, IDEA, Darigold, and US Foods, referenced their Enable implementation – evangelizing on the impact of PIM – and directing others to our booth. Darigold also spoke of our great customer service to GS1 representatives during the evening reception.
Carhartt, during the company’s session on the topic of tying together PIM/MDM and Product Lifecycle Management, spoke of their reasons for selecting EnterWorks Enable, highlighting:
- Data governance
- Multi-language capability
- Data syndication
- User-friendly platform
Educated on PIM & Interest Across Domains
We had steady traffic at the EnterWorks booth, both for our Fender Guitar Giveaway and to talk about Enable PIM. We found that the majority of the attendees visiting us were already educated about the benefits of PIM, knew they needed a PIM platform to solve their challenges, and came ready to dive into a deeper discussion to learn more. It’s an exciting time for companies as they get closer to putting their product data management and digital initiatives into action.
We also saw interest not just for the product domain, but across domains, including customer and supplier. Multi-domain MDM is gaining momentum from businesses that recognize the high-value of scaling their MDM initiatives with a single, ‘do it all’ platform.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
In the EnterWorks panel session, we were joined by Victor Chapela of Suggestic, as well as RAC Director Steven Keith Platt, to explore how AI and Machine Learning initiatives hinge on core data disciplines: governance, data quality, and business process excellence.
We discussed how good data helps transform a company’s AI/ML proof of concepts into an actual success story. The better quality and greater precision in your data, the higher the likelihood that you can create sustainable value creation. As an example, we showed a demonstration of a PIM-powered app that could be used to guide customers along the purchasing decision in the store. A customer would open their mobile device camera, scan the shelf, and use the app to pull up product information, like whether the product aligns with personal dietary restrictions, coordinating recipes, coupons, and other recommendations.
More Hot Topics
In terms of hot topics related to leading business challenges, we heard a lot of buzz related to data syndication; not just to data pools, but also to retailers as well as sharing data with member companies. We talked to booth visitors about the unique EnterWorks Member PIM solution, and how Enable can integrate with not only 1WorldSync, but other data pools as well for foodservice and beyond.
What’s Next? Digital Food & Beverage
GS1 Connect was packed with meaningful discussions, and we want to keep the conversation going.
We’ll have an opportunity to do so at the Digital Food & Beverage Show, coming up July 15-17, at the Hyatt Regency in Austin, Texas.
We’ll share how EnterWorks is helping food and beverage distributors, manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers:
- Achieve GS1 standards and meet all data syndication needs
- Improve the accuracy and completeness of product information
- Ensure food safety through traceability
- Improve business process automation
- Establish clear communication throughout a complex supply chain
- Provide the content consumers demand, including digital assets, consistently across all channels
- Support digital initiatives and emerging technology including AI, ML, VR, and augmented reality
- Support endless aisle, larger product catalogs, new product launches, and private labels
Schedule a meeting at the show or stop by booth #209. We look forward to seeing you in Austin!