Ted Friedman of Gartner once said, “Data is useful. High-quality, well-understood, auditable data is priceless.” Particularly in today’s world of connected commerce, data quality and compelling product content are required to compete.
Trusted product content powers every step of the consumer’s path to purchase and is at the root of a shopper’s journey from discovery to delight. High-quality product content sells your products online and in-store, creates an unparalleled customer experience, and helps ensure brand loyalty.
When evaluating the importance of data quality, it’s also prudent to look at the cost of bad data. For many businesses, the cost of bad data is shockingly high. According to the Harvard Business Review, bad data costs the U.S. $3 trillion per year.
Why Is Achieving Data Quality So Difficult?
One of the biggest hurdles that organizations face is that the quality of their data degrades over time. In the face of critical deadlines, many individuals make corrections themselves but do not follow up with the content creator or owner. These content inaccuracies can continue to propagate, leading to lost sales, potential fines, and dissatisfied customers. Other roadblocks include:
- Suppliers have multiple systems that house product content for individual departments
- Product content requirements change quickly and often
- A growing disparity exists between GDSN and e-commerce product content, which leads to damaging consumer experiences
E-book Download: Now is the Time to Begin Your Data Quality Journey
1WorldSync and EnterWorks understand that no matter where you conduct business, trusted content and data quality are essential.
Read our joint e-book as a guide to learn:
- Why data quality is a big deal for brand owners, and understand some of the major roadblocks that keep businesses from achieving it
- The four keys to unlocking data quality ranging from data validation, data stewardship, data matching, and data governance
- How to leverage a Master Data Management (MDM) solution and the right Data Quality services to validate, report, and strategize for improved data quality
Click here to download your copy of the 1WorldSync and EnterWorks guide, 4 Keys to Unlocking Data Quality with MDM.