The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU regulation that became enforceable in May 2018. Under the GDPR, individuals have specific rights including: to know when and how their personal data is used, to obtain digital copies of their data free of charge, and to withdraw consent for their data to be used and/or erased.
If your organization markets to or processes the information of EU citizens, the GDPR applies to you – whether or not you’re based in the EU. Companies that fail to comply with the GDPR can incur substantial fines for violations.
In our digital world, the concern for data protection and privacy continues to mount. Organizations must be ready to adapt and comply with expanded regulations. Before you can achieve GDPR compliance – and prepare for future mandates – you must have the right foundation for effective data management.
EnterWorks MDM is the Foundation for GDPR Compliance
The requirements for transparency, privacy, and consent present significant challenges for organizations – particularly those with fragmented customer data. Information is often keyed in from multiple sources and managed across disparate systems. Customer data that is duplicated, inconsistent, and inaccurate dramatically increases the risk of noncompliance with GDPR.
EnterWorks Enable™ Master Data Management solution provides the foundation your organization needs for GDPR compliance by ensuring a single view of customer master data. The EnterWorks Multi-domain MDM solution also unlocks a wealth of additional benefits made possible by a centralized view of data, including improved businesses processes and actionable customer/business intelligence.
Features for GDPR compliance include:
- Data governance with continuous monitoring of data quality and customer activity.
- Reliable data matching and merging capabilities to prevent data duplication and inconsistency.
- Visibility of where, how, and why customer data is used by any downstream systems, with the ability to link and track this information to each source.
- A single repository of customer data, demographics and consent to ensure right to erasure, right to rectification, and right to be forgotten under GDPR.
- Resolving outdated, inaccurate, or duplicated customer reference data to help with right of access, consent capture, and right to be informed.
Without the right tools and processes in place, compliance with GDPR is difficult if not impossible to manage. The EnterWorks MDM solution plays a crucial foundational role in the process.
To learn more, download our Multi-domain MDM White Paper or contact us at email@example.com.